Monday, June 06, 2005

New-Japan Pro-Wrestling debut

On Saturday, I wrestled for New-Japan Pro-Wrestling in Milan, Italy. That was the third show on NJPW's "Spirito Guerriero" Italy tour 2005. I was the only European wrestler on these shows.

This is how the story began. On Wednesday, I received an SMS from the promoter of Italian Wrestling Superstar. He asked me if I wanted to come to Milan on Saturday to wrestle a "dark match" for New-Japan Pro-Wrestling. He would bring me over to raise the profile of IWS by having IWS wrestlers on the NJPW show. So quick can things happen in the wrestling business: an SMS received on Wednesday leading to the debut for NJPW three days later!

On Saturday, I got up at 5 o'clock in the morning to get to the airport and on my flight to Milan for the NJPW show. Later in the day, I was tested in front of the NJPW crew. After the test I was chosen to wrestle in the opening match of the show, tagging with NJPW veteran Koji Kanemoto against Gedo and Jado. 16 hours after getting up in the morning, I was walking to the ring for my NJPW debut! The match went pretty well, and I got positive feedback both from NJPW people and others after the show.

For me it was a great experience to wrestle for NJPW which is one of the world's five biggest wrestling promotions. I appreciate that NJPW gave me the opportunity to wrestle on their show and also that IWS brought me over to Italy to represent IWS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home