Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Makoto Morimitsu / Italy

I went to Italy on Saturday to wrestle for the IWS on Sunday 12th June. My opponent for the show was Makoto Morimitsu. I have wrestled against Makoto a couple of times before, and I have great respect for him as a wrestler. He is Japanese but travelled to Mexico in the early 1990s to learn wrestling. Since then he has wrestled mostly in South-America before relocating to Barcelona in Spain a couple of years ago.

Our match on Sunday was relatively long, ending at around the 20-minute mark. It was technically based but was sadly ended by a run-in from Alofa and Bjørn Sem. Move of the match was Makoto's suicidal somersault plancha to the outside of the ring. I am not sure if even Daniel Sebastian dares to do that move.... Hopefully, I wrestle against Makoto again in not so distant future.

Anyway, the trip went well. Before the show, the wrestlers were picked up at the hotel and driven the arena and back to the hotel in a limousine. That was cool.

I am going back to Italy on the 25th June to wrestle for the IWS again, this time in Treviglio outside Milano.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home