Monday, March 20, 2006

"10 year anniversary" match vs. Bernard Vandamme

On Friday 17th March, I wrestled Belgium's Bernard Vandamme for the EUROSTARS European Championship in my hometown, Lillestrøm. A lot of publicity leading up to the match didn't result in any record breaking crowds, but still 300+ in Lillestrøm is a decent figure. The setup of the hall made for good atmosphere and the tribunes looked reasonably full. I was clearly the home favourite and it made for a good setting for my "10 year anniversary" match although I lost the match. I won the first fall but Vandamme won the last two falls of the match and retained the championship. I have wrestled Vandamme several times in the last couple of years, and he is definately a good wrestler and very agile for his size. A photo from the match, taken by Knockout Magazine, is posted here. It shows my toprope dropkick and is a really good photo.

The monster from the depth of hell, Cybernic Machine, who had a guest role in the Jet Li movie "Danny the Dog", wrestled for NWF for the first time. He did a tremendous double bodyslam on Fremtiden.

I don't have time to write a big post today, but if you have good internet access you can download clips from the show at this link (50 mb). Those clips say a lot more than I can describe:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home