Wednesday, August 24, 2005

No Holds Barred match


My much anticipated No Holds Barred match against Starbuck in Oslo last Sunday turned out to be a brutal affair. After getting thrown into some chairs, I got a cut above my eyebrow just a couple of minutes into the match. The match went on in and out of the ring. I even ordered a glass of water in the bar to throw at Starbuck. Ok, before anyone complain about me being a cheap bastard: I didn't have any money in my tights to order a beer to throw at him.... Later in the match, I got another cut when Starbuck crashed me into a ringpost. After nearly 19 minutes of intensive action, when Starbuck looked set to win the match, I did surprise double leg takedown and pressdown for the 1-2-3, and once again I am the IWS intercontinental champion. This is definately my bloodiest, and probably one of my hardest, matches ever.

I would like to thank the fans who were screaming "Isaksen, Isaksen,..." throughout the match. Your support was much appreciated. I would also like to thank the first aid people who fixed my cuts after the match. They rarely get the thanks they deserve for being present show after show.

Finally, all the best to Storm Olsen who sadly broke his ankle in another match on the show. Get well soon!

Also a big thank you to Knockout Magazine, www.knockout.no, who provided the photo that illustrates this match.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home